Fake Bake spray tans (also known as Liquid Skinny in our salon) give an instant sunkissed colour which develops into a gorgeous long lasting and even sunless tan!! Fake Bake uses naturally derived tanning agents DHA and Erythulose ensuring longer lasting and more natural looking results.
How long does a Fake Bake spray tan last?
Our spray tan will last anything from 3 to 7 days depending on your skin type and aftercare routine.
Is Fake Bake safe to use during pregnancy?
As it is only the top layer of the epidermis (skin) that is affected by the DHA, self tan should have no harmful effects, we do however recommend a patch test (even if you have had spray tans with us before) as fluctuating hormone levels can affect the result of your tan. We do not recommend having a spray tan during the first trimester of your pregnancy and provide masks which we recommend any expectant mums use.
Does Fake Bake contain SPF?
No, Fake Bake spray tans do not offer any kind of sun protection!! Please still use sunscreen.
Is Fake Bake tested on animals?
Absolutely not! In fact all Fake Bake products and ingredients are Vegan Friendly.
Any other questions? Call us for a chat on 01302846873
So you have booked your tan....read below for how to prepare and what to expect.
- Do not use any other self tanners one week prior to your treatment for best results
- We reccomend waxing or shaving 48 hours before your treatment
- Carry out a full body exfoliation 24 hours before your appointment paying particular attention to your feet, ankles, knees, elbows and hands.
- On the day of your tan do not wear any make up, deodorant, perfume or body oils/lotions as these may affect the result of your spray tan. (If you really cannot leave the house without make up or deodorant please ask us for some wipes, we always have them handy)
- Wear loose, dark clothing and sandals/flip flops to your appointment. We do have flip flops to purchase for £2.50 should you forget yours.
Your therapist will talk you through the spray tan process on the day, the treatment takes approximately 15 minutes from start to finish,
- Keep your skin completely dry and avoid water contact
- Do not apply any body creams/oils and avoid other hair/beauty treatments while your tan is developing
- Allow at least 8 hours (or overnight if possible) for your tan to develop
- Avoid activities that will make you perspire and drink hot drinks through a straw (we always have a box in salon if you need one to take away with you just ask)